This week we are making out our Bucket List, the list of everything we want to do before we kick the bucket. My list is ever evolving. Most of the things that were on my list when I was in my early twenties, I’ve accomplished. Never one to be satisfied, every time I cross one off I add a new one. Here is my list as it stands today, they are in no particular order, but they are numbered for the sake of convenience.
1. Spend a week in Bali, surfing until my body is too sore to move.
2. Return to Egypt, this time as a civilian taking part in an archeological dig.
3. Throw a toeside melon 720 off the kicker and a switch 270 to front board, to frontside 270 gap over the fun box in a single run on my wakeboard (this is OH MY GOD difficult maneuver).
4. Skydive into Lake Mead with my wife and son on either side of me and have a nice leisurely swim to shore (they’ve both gone cliff-diving with me, so this one is not a big a stretch as it sounds).
5. Write a NYT bestselling novel.
6. Visit Beijing.
7. Develop the world’s first perpetual motion device.
8. As a parent, of course I want to see my son grow up, grow old and be happy with whatever he chooses to do with his life.
9. Ride my motorcycle from coast to coast.
10. Become a superhero.
Other than that, I just wanted to live each day to the fullest, never squander an opportunity to make my family smile, and of course, one day rule the world.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.