When I think of bucket these days, I think of those LOLcats and the seals waiting for their bukket. At any rate, there are always things I want to do. Sometimes they shift and evolve into new things. For the meantime, here is mine...
1. Make the New York Times bestseller list. I don't care if it's print or ebook, I wanna get there. Although I do think it would be pretty great to have "arrived" as an ebook. Think of all the attention ebooks would get, the free publicity for green reading. Now that would be an eye-opener!
2. Take a cruise. I've seen the Alaska one where you fish for salmon (my faaaaavorite fish), the Mediterranean, where I've been but not as a luxury thing, or around the Gulf. I think the most interesting one is the old fashioned wind cruises with huge billowing sails. Yes, I think that one is the one I'd enjoy most.
3. Take my immediate family to all the countries I've lived in so I can show them the house, the school where I grew up. They don't get it now and I can't drive down a street and point like normal people. I'd love to share that part of myself with them.
4. To have some of my favorite authors, Julia Quinn, Sabrina Jeffries, Elizabeth Lowell, Jude Devereaux tell me they've read my work and LOVE IT! Really, do I need to elaborate on this?
5. Be asked to make one of my pieces into a movie. Even if it never happened, I want to be asked. (I seem to have a theme around writing. I know, it's hard to tell how passionate I am about success in the industry, right?)
6. My grandkids. I want to see my children grow into fabulous adults and raise their own fabulous adults. I wanna see it happen if to only show myself that I didn't completely screw them up.
7. Go back to England. Last time I was there, I was a child. I didn't "get" the historical significance or appreciate the age of the castle ruins I climbed all over. I'd like to see it through adult eyes and share that with my family.
8. Have a foreign vacation every year with the kids and husband. May not seem like much, but it is. We haven't had a vacation in years that didn't involve everyone under the sun. I'd love to take them exploring around the world, open their eyes to cultural diversity and show them how very very awesome it is to be a part of it.
9. Hugh Jackman and Orlando Bloom. Sorry Scott, but it is a wish list.
10. Time travel. Yes another impossibility (see above) but it truly is something I'd like to do before I die. So bite me over the technicalities.
What are your must do's?