As I sit here listening to the rain, sipping tea and munching Cool Ranch Doritos, I'm thinking life doesn't really get a whole lot better than this. Maybe I've just reached a point in my life that I feel a sense of satisfaction in the way things are turning out. If you'd asked me to make a BUCKET LIST a couple of years ago, my answer would have been oh-so-easy. PUBLICATION. I lived for that moment and now I'm actually living my dream. Lucky me!!! Funny. Today I was sitting out on my back patio and a Cardinal flew up and perched on the fence. Grandma always said red birds were for wishes and you should make one every time you saw a Cardinal and I've done exactly that for my entire life. Today, I watched that bright bird for a good twenty minutes and couldn't think of a damn thing I wanted for ME so I gave my wish away and it made me happy to do it. So...that being said here's my Bucket List. The things I'd like to do before I KICK IT!
1. See my children grown and happy with their lives.
2. Travel to England. I'd love to visit London and travel the countryside. As a writer who loves regency stuff, it's a place I've always wanted to go.
3. Travel to Italy. Rome, Florence, Milan (for shoes...lol)
4. See my name on the NY Times Bestseller List
5. Write a movie screenplay. Well, I just think that would be the coolest!!!!
6. Visit Ireland and Scotland. This is the home of many ancestors and I might even see a faery or two. Ireland seems such a mystical place to me.
7. Have grandchildren. Yep. Love kids and the children of my children would be a blessing.
8. Rent a little house near a beach and have a week long slumber/writing party with my friends (who are ALL writers btw). Bring laptops and junk food. Brainstorm plots and talk. That would be the BEST.
9. One day I want to move to the mountains. My greatest dream is to live there among the aspens and pinon pines and look over valleys and snow-peaked mountains. I want to breathe that fresh air and enjoy the solitude. I want to write my days away in a little cabin. Sit outside and just look at things. That would be food for my soul. It would be just me but I wouldn't be lonely.
10. Nope. Don't have a ten. At least not that I can think of now. Nine, for me, will have to do!
Till tomorrow....happy living. Happy life!