Goals are integral to the growth process, not just as writers but as people. If you’re not constantly looking forward, you will grow stagnate. As I’m sure is the case with most of us, my goals shift and evolve as the years pass. I have literally dozens of goals at any given time, some small, others perhaps a bit too lofty.
I’ve seen several of my goals appear among the posts of my fellow contributors, so rather than recover ground that has already been treaded oh so eloquently, I thought it would be more fun to post my top ten goals for this year.
10. Write an entire trilogy (each volume containing 80K+ Words).
9. Get more money for doing less at the day job (accomplished by receiving just the right promotion).
8. Become a Best Seller
7. Buy more real estate and flip it for a healthy profit.
6. Get back into the same shape I was in while I was in the Army.
5. Learn a new language or learn more in one that I’m weak in (I speak thirteen now with varying degrees of fluency).
4. Dance more.
3. Help a complete stranger for no apparent reason.
2. Win the lottery.
1. Become the undisputed ruler of the entire free world.
Some of these will obviously be a bit easier to accomplish than others, but I’m going to give them all one helluva shot.